Halo

 



To my children, 


If my memory serves me well, I will be able to tell you a story in its splendid colors possibly in a way that your grandfather (your father’s side) used to tell me when I was a child…


Oh snap! Looks like, all I remember is the flow of narration, the aroma and sounds of Indian cooking with "the tadkas" given to leafy vegetables or gourds, an old-ish man in unison with his voice, sipping his steaming chai with rotis and a bunch of eager children... (sometimes just me)


 ….so once upon a time, not so long ago, a little boy who loves God wants to know how God works, how he manages time. He wonders if God gets tired of fulfilling wishes of humans; a tiresome job of darting around the globe. The little boy takes it upon himself to find more and to help the God in his work. He does not know how to please the God or take care of the someone who is so abstract and illusive… so he thinks and thinks....He starts asking questions...if he has taken bath? if someone helped him comb is hair so they are neat and tidy and free of lice? if he could find time to eat....and so on


(From here on, your mom changes his original narration in saintly "Bhakti" tradition to suit her own philosophy!)


..Well, so to help the invisible God, he decides to ask someone or anyone in need if he could take care of them. He asks if they have eaten, if they are tired, if they are cold, if they need a warm place, if they are alone and need a friend? May be a family…


Have you seen a God?

I.Have.Seen.Many. 


Of course, I am ^ (NOT) lying. :) :( ;) 

Can you help God?

 

See what I found on my way to my first ever American football game on the T-shirt in the picture.(I have the list in another post.) The corporate America can't stop making a way with words and to make people feel good: hope they take responsibility of actually being good! 


Thank you for making me realize how small am I in this mission. 

Love is not easy. Living without love is also not easy. 


Initial draft on Sept. 15, 2022

The title is inspired by a children's movie with the same name. 


#InGodWeTrust

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

बीज अंकुरे अंकुरे

Howrah Bridge